Rumors

Have you ever started a rumor? Have you ever heard a rumor and continued to spread it? Have you ever exaggerated a rumor? I think we all pretty much have done this in our life time. But what bothers me the most about it is when people are old enough to understand the effect that rumors can have on other people, and themselves as well. I believe it’s very childish to spread rumors or start them, for that matter. Some people spread rumors out of mere jealousy. Others spread rumors believing that it’s the hottest news that can win them points for being in “the know.” Unfortunately, I have witnessed many rumor spreading expeditions for the first reason.

When accused of spreading a rumor, people often retort with, “why would I be jealous? I’m not jealous.” What I don’t understand is the need to feed people false information. I strongly dislike when people come to me talking about other people. It’s truly a pet peeve of mine. I almost never believe anything anyone has to say about another person. It’s better to just mind your business. Being caught up in someone else’s falsehood or drama is just not worth it. I tend to cut people off who fall into gossipy habits. It’s something that’s just not admirable.

Rumors are not only unnecessary, but they can really affect people in negative ways. I’ve personally always tried to avoid and ignore rumors because it doesn’t really make sense to me to care about what others have to say. But everyone doesn’t share the same view. Some people care about what other people think or say and for some people it can completely dissatisfy them. Not everyone is going to care how someone feels about the rumors they spread, and they’re selfish people. I truly hope that people who indulge in the rumor-spreading world grow out of such a nasty habit.

1 person likes this post.
7 Comments to “Rumors”
  1. February 13, 2012 at 6:20 am

I know this is totally off topic but just wanted to say Hello! Haven’t been on here for a veryyy long time, a few months atleast. Hope all is well with you and the kiddos. Talk to you soon!

Rumors are made from people who don’t know how to mind their own business, their lives are very much boring.

2. February 13, 2012 at 8:35 am

I don’t think I’ve ever started a rumour, but I’ve definitely continued spreading one!

I used to think it was only young people that did this – however, as I’ve got older I’ve realized it’s older people as well.

I don’t think they will ever stop.

Just came across your blog. :)

Hi all the way from South Africa.

Can’t wait for more posts.

Rochelle xx

3. February 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I won’t lie. I’ve helped spread rumors in the past but of course I was young and stupid and didn’t realize how badly they could hurt someone. I know better now.

4. February 14, 2012 at 3:55 am

“The hardest part about the f-cking business is minding you own!”

Drake said it best, you can rarely find someone that minds their own business these days and I hate it.

I never really knew how much it annoyed me until I had a friend that called me just about every 2 minutes talking to me about someone else’s business. It shows you have NO life or mind of your own when you revolve your life around everyone else’s business.

That’s how rumors get started, the best relationships end, and people get hurt.

I’ve had a rumor started about me once. Of course you can go around pretending everything’s find because you know it’s not true but everyone else doesn’t. Of course you shouldn’t care about what other people think but always in the back of your head somewhere there’s the thought.

I personally think celebrities have it worse. All these tabloids, and gossip sites. Smh, I wonder how they deal.

5. February 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Spreading rumors are for children. First, I feel as though, at the end of the day, it’s not my business to repeat it or make a statement on it. I don’t bother to engage in it because I know how it feels to have a rumor spread on you and have people looking at you differently – not a good feeling. And you’re right – the first thing they holler “why would I be jealous?”. People are childish. It’s getting worse every single day.

xoxo <3

6. February 18, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I think we’ve all been in a situation where we’ve heard a rumour or even started one – intentionally or not. I mean, you’ll be amazed at the smallest things that will spark a rumour.

With that said, I try not to entertain rumours – they’re childish.

Have a great weekend!

7. March 6, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I would never spread a rumor I know is not true. But I do sometimes repeat information that I have heard from someone else without knowing if it was true or not. I try to always make sure they know that it was something I heard though, and not necessarily factual. Sometimes rumors can be spread by mistake and when that mistake is found, I think the person who started it would be embarrassed. I know I would be.

Please be respectful. The mail and math fields are required. Your email address will not be published. If you don't fill out those fields your comment will not be posted.

[Clickable Smilies]

:| :yum: :yay: :yawn: :wtf: :wow: :wink: :whatever: :tired: :tada: :star: :shocked: :sad: :rawr: :proud: :pirate: :muah: :mad: :love: :lol: :lmao: :hmm: :heart: :happy: :grr: :geek: :frustrated: :faint: :exclaim: :duh: :doh: :devil: :depressed: :cry: :crush: :cool: :confused: :bow: :blush: :blah: :aww: :arrow: :angel: :P :?: :) :#!@$: :!:

Go To Top